Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Home Depot Classes

Hi All,

After watching TONS of HGTV I've decided that I want more hands-on home improvement skills. Specifically, I want to learn how to properly install tile so that I can install my backsplash by myself. So I decided to take classes.

Home Depot offers lots of courses for free!  Coincidentally, over the next few months, one of the classes being offered is how to cut, set, grout and seal tile. Yay!  If that goes well I will take a class in drywall repair and several others after that.  I have repaired drywall in the past but I might learn something new.

Eventually (way down the line), I would like to take an electrical class at a college so that I'm not so scared of wires.  I won't touch anything if it's related to electricity. I don't want to learn so that I can do the work...I want to know enough so that I'm sure I'm not being taken advantage of.

Just to be fair I was hoping that Lowes offered workshops as well. Unfortunately they only have workshops for kids.  :-(

Regardless, I'm looking forward to learning!

-Honey
187 Days to Go

No comments:

Post a Comment