Monday, May 11, 2015

Home Improvement

Hi,

I'm Honey and I'm a Home Improvement Television-aholic. 

My problem began back in the 90's when I would spend my Saturday mornings watching "This Old House" on PBS with Bob Vila and was inspired to do my own improvements.

  • Dark wood paneling in the house?  I painted it with Gripper and then used the color of my choice.
  • Purple, gray and brown carpet? I pulled the carpet up myself and found a hardwood floor
  • Hardwood floor needs love?  I sanded and stained it myself.

Thanks Bob Vila!

Then we moved into the 2000's when Trading Spaces was all the rage.  Remember that show?  I wanted to be on the show so bad but there were rules.  You had to have a friend/neighbor within a certain proximity to your home.  Plus you had to be okay with their choices - be it straw on walls or pink carpet. 

Scary!  Regardless, I got a lot of great design ideas for my first home.

About 10 years ago I watched HGTV and the DIY networks constantly. However, I accepted that I wasn't going to spend time doing all of the projects I had in my head, so I stopped watching. 

Well, HGTV and DIY shows are now back in my viewing lineup. Although I'm having the house built there are projects (like the kitchen backsplash, soft close drawers and under cabinet lighting) that I'm going to do myself.

It's nice to see design ideas. Hopefully, this addiction doesn't get out of hand!

-Honey
203 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment