Saturday, April 25, 2015

Decisions, decisions...

Hello,

Last week I spent a few hours making decisions about home security and specialty wiring. I was under the impression that the meeting was to discuss all electrical requests for the house.  I was wrong. The nice gentleman so kindly steered me back to my sales rep when I told him I needed an additional outlet in the kitchen island.

The following day I went to the flooring place to make my carpet, tile, and cabinet selections.  I walked in the building with the understanding that I was not spending any money.  I was only getting the level of items I decided upon with my sales rep.

I had to make choices on:
  • hardwood flooring
  • bedroom carpet
  • basement carpet
  • foyer/powder room vinyl
  • kitchen cabinets
Everything was moving quickly until we got carpet and the hardwood flooring.  First, I had to decide between 6 different shades of beige. Then I wanted the color hardwood flooring that is in the model home. Unfortunately, that color choice was only available in engineered wood. I'm not a fan of engineered wood because the markings are in the same spot on every board. It doesn't look natural to me.

Two hours later I decided to upgrade the tile and the cabinets in the master bathroom (I did this originally then changed my mind) and upgraded the carpet padding to one that comes with a warranty for the lifetime of the house.

I need a sugar daddy!

-Honey
219 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment