Thursday, April 16, 2015

I Was Minding My Business...

Hi, 

Last week Thursday a friend asked me what I was doing for the upcoming weekend.  My response was "Not a d**m thing!" However, by Saturday, I signed an agreement to purchase a home from Ryan Homes.  How did I get here?

Well, I relocated to a new state last year for my job.  I originally thought I would buy a home immediately so I set up email alerts with Trulia. Work was really busy so I found a townhome to rent, sold my home after moving and I've been renting ever since in a wonderful community.  I've gotten used to having my driveway shoveled without asking (or having to do it myself) and looking out at the woods in the morning while drinking my tea.

Thursday
On Thursday night I got an email from Trulia (I never turned off the email alerts) letting me know that there was a home for sale in my area in my price range. 

Friday
I called a realtor the next day and scheduled a showing for Monday. I then jumped on Realtor.com to look at the listing again.  While on that site the Ryan Home appeared in the same price range.  I filled out the contact info on the Ryan site, got a call back almost immediately, and saw the demo home and the site that night.  There were only two units left in the development - a middle and an end unit - and they threw in a lot of incentives to get the last two units sold.  The mortgage estimate was about the same as my rent!  I had a lot to think about.

Saturday
At my request, the next morning I met with the Sales Rep again at 9am.  I asked her a LOT of questions.  Because I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity (especially with the incentives...I'll give you the details in the next post), I put the money down and signed the sales agreement!  I wasn't completely "sold" because it was the only thing I looked at.  I told my rep that I would have my mind completely made up by Tuesday.

Monday
I met my realtor at the 'resale' home I originally found online.  It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, an attached garage and is on almost a half acre.  However, it also has low ceilings, PINK carpet, old appliances, a small kitchen, a bonus room with dark wood paneling, and oil heat - wrong answer.  All I kept thinking was that it was going to cost me at least $40,000 to get all those items updated.  That was based on what I saw.  Who knows what an inspector would find. 

So, needless to say, I was minding my business and now I'm building a home with Ryan Homes!

-Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment