Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Process

Hi,

For someone who wasn't ready, the process gets overwhelming pretty quickly.  However, after the next two weeks I know I'll be in a holding pattern for the next 2-3 months.

Over the last few days I got calls to schedule meetings for loan financing, flooring and electrical.  Why do I have to make final decisions so soon?  I basically have 21 days to decide on everything then all decisions are locked in. No more changes without paying extra.

Here's the process/timeline

  • Meet with loan officer
  • Meet with electrical
  • Meet with flooring
  • Mortgage loan approval (required within 45 days of signed agreement)
  • Pre-construction meeting
  • Customer Involvement Meeting
  • Pre-Drywall Meeting
  • Personal Home Inspection (I'm having this done - it's not required)
  • Pre-Settlement Orientation
  • Closing

Construction will probably begin in September and be done by early December. So we are doing a "hurry up and wait". I'm hurrying up on the first 4 items above in yellow and waiting for a few months.

As a reminder, my building is the last one to be done in the development.  Hopefully, we will have an uneventful fall with no delays to construction!

-Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment