Thursday, September 3, 2015

Week 6 - Electrical and Plumbing

Hi All,

I stayed away from the construction site for a week.  It was rough!

During this week the electrical wiring was completed, foam insulation caulking was completed, and all of the pipes for plumbing was run.  I even have bathtubs.  Woo hoo!

I had a private inspector come in to protect my interests before the drywall was put up.  The inspection went well.  My inspector was impressed with the build and the fact that a lot of the specs were above the township code minimum. He also took the time to explain everything.  I learned a lot.

The minor items found were: 2 tears in the house wrap (will be fixed with tape); 1 warped stud (will be replaced); 1 missing nail plate; 1 damaged duct (will be replaced); and missing foam caulk above the garage door.

To my project manager's credit, he was there for the entire inspection, took notes and told me he would take care of everything.  Half a day later the nail plate was installed.  (Yes, I already admitted that I stalk the construction site!)

-Honey
41 days to go

3 comments:

  1. We were really happy we had an independent inspection done -- it gave us such peace of mind about the quality of construction. Like yours, our inspector also was pretty impressed with areas where RH exceeded the local building codes. And, I gotta say, we were also REALLY impressed with a) our PM's attitude in receiving the feedback, and b) how fast he got things fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At what point did you notify that you would be having an independent inspector doing a walk-through? I want to do the same but do not know when and how to notify the PM (we have our first PM meeting scheduled for 9/21).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my PM know at the initial meeting so that I could get a heads up about when the pre-drywall meeting would be. I scheduled the inspector for that date.

      Delete