Sunday, August 23, 2015

Week 5 - Roof and doors and windows oh, my!

Hi All,

This week was busy!  The roof, windows and doors were installed. The HVAC was run and the fireplace insert was put in place.  I even had my Guardian finalization and pre-drywall meetings!

I was completely prepared (or so I thought) for the Guardian finalization meeting.  I brought my list of all of the add-ons I purchased and where in the house I wanted everything installed.  Before I walked in I had already determined the locations for the cable jacks, phone jack, security system panel, smoke detector and siren. However, I forgot that I also purchased 2 additional cable jacks for the smaller bedrooms.  (I made these purchases in April...I think I get a pass for forgetting.)  I asked the rep for recommendations (what does everyone else do?) taking into consideration where the electrical outlets will be.  The entire meeting took less than an hour.

Immediately following, my project manager came over for the pre-drywall meeting.  It was amazing.  My project manager walked me through each room and answered the few questions I had. I didn't bring a laundry list of questions because I'm having a private inspector come in before the drywall goes up.  I learned that the entire house - not just the appliances - will be certified as a BuiltSmart (Energy Star) home.  That was discussed because I asked about the spots where I saw daylight. I also learned that the lot would need to be graded again before the deck footers could be installed in about 4 weeks.  I got my pre-settlement date as well.

-Honey
51 days to go
Exterior
Garage (view from garage door)
Master Bathroom (view from master bedroom)
Fireplace in rec room

1 comment: