Saturday, September 26, 2015

Week 10 - Lock Out

Hi All,

So, they finally locked us out of the house.  LOL!

I had to call my project manager to get a guided tour. It was KILLING me to be away from the house for so long. I hadn't been in for 6 days.

Regardless, here's a list of the awesomeness that occurred while they kept us out:

  • granite countertops were installed (once the stove is installed, the last cabinet and countertop will be installed between the stove and the refrigerator)
  • vinyl flooring was installed
  • HVAC was completed - the A/C was running!
  • deck footers were poured
  • sidewalks were completed
  • front stoop was completed

On our end here are the items I had to finalize:

  • homeowners insurance
  • title services
  • get final walk-through date
  • schedule final private inspection
  • schedule termite inspection

We were given a settlement date.  However, I don't want to settle on a Friday because if the cash wire doesn't arrive, I lose a weekend that I could be moving/unpacking. There's nothing worse than sitting in a house with everything you own in boxes three days longer than you planned. (I know, I know...first world problems!) Although I'm asking nicely, I still don't have the NEW settlement date confirmation. Will ask with a smile again on Monday.

FYI - Make sure you shop your mortgage and title services.  Shopping your mortgage keeps everyone honest and shopping the title services saved about $500.
Deck Footers
Master Bathroom Vanity
Kitchen cabinets and counters
-Honey
18 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and soon it will be yours 🎉🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete