Saturday, September 12, 2015

Week 8 - Paint & Miscellaneous

Hi All,

We were so pleased to see that all the walls and ceilings were painted (white) this week!  

Even more, the garage door was installed and the cabinets were delivered!


We had the first rain since construction started and I was concerned. There were flash floods in the area. But everything was as dry as bone. Woo hoo!

After a lot of research, I took advantage of the Labor Day sales and purchased my refrigerator.  Sears won easily for a few reasons:
  • Free delivery.  The competitor charges $79 for delivery.
  • I can delay delivery for months.  The competitor won't delay delivery for more than 4 weeks from purchase.
  • Flexibility. Because I don't have a firm settlement date yet, I need the option of changing the delivery date.
  • Price. They had a 30% off sale and once I factored in the delivery charge, I was able to beat the competitor by about $200.  Sweet!
I also started pricing window blinds. It's overwhelming.  I think I might have paper blinds for a while.  LOL!

I think we might paint a few rooms.  Nail pops be damned! The garage, powder room, master bathroom and master bedroom are on my hit list. Once I get quotes, depending on the cost, that decision might be delayed.

Over the last week I did a LOT of purging. There were boxes we moved with last year that were unopened from a prior move. I refuse to move them again.  They are almost all gone!

FYI - I LOVE my project manager!  He is on top of everything, professional and keeps me in the loop. He sent me pictures showing the repairs made on the items my inspector found.

-Honey
32 days to go

1 comment: