Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 11-ish

Hi All,

Since access isn't so easy anymore, I met my project manager mid-week of week 11 to see the progress.  That is why we're calling this update "Week 11-ish".  I got to see some of the updates for the week, but not all.


  • Hardwood floors installed (pic below)
  • Carpet installed
  • Driveway asphalted
  • Deck installed (pic below)
  • Sidewalk and pavers installed
  • Exterior vent covers installed

The evening I did this walk-through, we were expecting torrential rain.  I was pleased to see the crew installing my gutters at 5pm!

During the tour I learned that the shower doors and the missing kitchen cabinet had to be re-ordered.  The shower door was cut incorrectly and the cabinet was damaged during delivery. (I love my project manager for keeping me in the loop on these things!)

The stone on the front of the house still needs to be installed and the front door still needs to be painted.  A broken window needs replacing, banisters need to be stained, house numbers need to be added, door handles need to be installed, and the final paint needs to occur.  Some of these items might have been done this week.

In Week 12 the Third-party inspections for energy efficiency and quality will occur.

The settlement date is also officially in writing!

Almost there!

-Honey
Two weeks to go!

2 comments: