Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Paint

Hi All,

One of the things that the builders recommend is that you not paint new construction walls for 1 year. This is because they expect settlement cracks and nail pops to appear within that time period.  Once you paint and cracks or pops appear, they have to be repaired with white spackle...then you will have to re-paint.

Well I'm going to step outside the lines a little bit and I'm going to paint my garage and epoxy the garage floor immediately. The floor must be clean when it's done so it's better to do is sooner than later...especially before the temperature drops.

As for the walls I just don't like seeing the drywall.  It looks so unfinished. 

I will probably just paint it white but something is better than nothing. That taped look isn't cute. (I pulled this pic off the internet.)  What it just made me realize is that I'm possibly going to have to paint the ceiling as well. Another question for my project manager! (Update: I asked, I'll be responsible for painting the ceiling.)

-Honey

2 comments:

  1. Could you post a picture after its dry? I want to see your results. Happy painting 😊

    ReplyDelete